Wednesday 13 October 2010

Another day in Brussels

Who would want to be an MEP?  The tough schedule really pushes you to the limit.  I got back home last night from Cornwall just after 8pm. I was awake at 4.30am to catch my flight to Brussels at 6.30. Frustratingly just after they closed the planes doors the aircew announced that there was an hour and ten minute delay because of fog in Brussels. I eventually arrived at the parliament at 10.20am local time with my schedule in pieces. The main purpose of the day was to address the West Midlands Chamber of Commerce who were visiting the EU institutions. I gave a twenty minute presentation of my activities and took questions for 30 minutes. It was a positive dialogue that was educational on both sides. I fly back to Birmingham later in the evening as I am attending The West Midlands Skills partnership meeting at House of Parliament  tomorrow at 9.45am. Yet another very early start!