Friday 25 February 2011

Nikki agrees to set aside judgement in order to find common ground

Press Release 
Re: Employment Tribunal Hearing Monday 28th February 2010 in Exeter

Nikki Sinclaire MEP v UK Independence Party, Nigel Farage MEP & Godfrey Bloom MEP



Upon consideration of the respondents' claims of administrative error in this matter, and the offer of 'round table discussion' for an overall settlement of her differences with the UK Independence Party on condition she agrees to setting aside the Judgment of the Employment Tribunal of 8th December which found in her favour, Nikki Sinclaire said:

"If a way forward can be reached regarding this unfortunate dispute with UKIP by me agreeing to set this matter aside than I am only too happy to oblige. I spent 16 years working for the growth and success of UKIP and obviously I still believe, and actively campaign, for its core platform - withdrawal from the European Union. This issue is far more important than individuals or personalities."

"This will put the matter back to stage one and if negotiations prove futile, I will robustly pursue my claim in the tribunal. I was pleased that Mr Boom MEP recently gave a written undertaking to the Presidsent of the European Parliament stating he would leave me alone."

 

Note

Nikki Sinclaire MEP was given default judgement on Sexual Orientation Discrimination by Judge Harper on 8 December after UKIP and the co-respondents failed to file a defence.