Monday 30 May 2011

Taking the Campaign to The House of Commons.

With Austin Mitchell MP

I have always emphasised the cross-party nature of my Campaign for a Referendum on our continued membership of the EU. And so I was delighted recently to have the opportunity to meet two of the most respected eurosceptics in the House of Commons, Kate Hoey and Austin Mitchell, both Labour MPs. After a nice lunch with Kate, I joined Austin for tea, and we had a very productive talk. I look forward to working with both of them in the near future. I was also pleased to be introduced by Kate to Phillip Hollobone, Conservative MP for Kettering. He is a supporter of the Better Off Out Campaign, and I was very pleased when he added his name to the list of signatories on my own petition for a referendum.

With Kate Hoey MP