Friday 29 July 2011

In the Guardian today re my dispute with Walsall Council

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/jul/28/diary-hugh-muir-wapping-farrers

• Bad blood in the Midlands where the scary 6ft4in tall independent MEP Nikki Sinclaire is going to war with Walsall borough council. The Tory-led authority has refused to let the former Ukipian park her mobile surgery/referendum campaign battlebus in the town square. It says she does not qualify for a licence because her activities don't reach the standard of a public service. An affront against democracy, says combative Nikki. You are hindering me from being able to meet with my constituents. "I travel all over the constituency, which is one of the biggest, and Walsall is the only council to refuse me permission. I think the people are with me on this. I appeared on the radio with the leader of the council, Mike Bird, and one caller called him a little Hitler." This will be a dirty fight, it seems

The Radio programme in question can be listened to here