Thursday 14 July 2011

The Petition for a Referendum comes to London.




The team were out in South London this week collecting signatures over a three day period. Led by the irrepressible Winston McKenzie, the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark were targetted.

London's street markets have always been good campaigning grounds, and Brixton's Atlantic Road and Electric Avenue proved to be particularly fruitful.

One young lady, who works in the City of London, told the team "My grandparents came here from Jamaica in the 1940s. My parents were both born here as was I. I love the City, I love the traditions and the history of working there. But what is special is the way in which I can come to Brixton and I am surrounded by my grandparent's culture. It not only lives here, it flourishes. Only in Britain can that happen, its a great country!"

We happen to agree with her!