Monday 18 June 2012

A weekend at the Three Counties Show

As some of you will be aware, both myself and my team ran a stall at the weekends Three Counties Show which was held at the Malvern Showground.

Despite a fair amount of terrible weather, many thousands of people attended the show and I was able to speak to a great many people about agricultural issues that affected them.

I was the only MEP with a stand at the event, in fact I was the only politician with a mobile surgery at the event. I did see some politicians on Friday with suspiciously clean shoes, but failed to see anyone else over the weekend.


The Three Counties show was a great chance to speak to many farmers from different sectors of farming life. Here I am talking to those who were manning the National Sheep Association stall.


The farmer in the above picture was adding pig oils to the sheeps wool to keep its moisture.

A selection of bulls head towards the barns following judging.

Discussing CAP reform in the NFU tent.