Monday 29 April 2013

Saying goodbye to St. George's Lane

Saturday 27th May marked the final ever game at Worcester City Football Clubs ground - St. George's Lane.

I was a match ball sponsor on the day, and I was asked for a piece for the commerative programme.



 Although the final game ended in a 1-0 loss for City, it was still a fantastic day.




The lane was filled with over 4000 people and the ground looked fantastic on its final showing.


 

This is not the end for Worcester City, and this simply heralds a new era for the club. 

Worcester City Football Club line up for the final time at St. George's Lane


I was on BBC Hereford and Worcester Friday  night talking about the final game. I have urged fans to get behind the club to see them through the next year at Kidderminster Harriers. 

You can listen to my interview below: