Thursday 15 August 2013

Highlighting the cause of Kashmir today

It was great to meet with local Kashmiri's today outside the Indian consulate building in Birmingham. The event, organised by the All Parties International Kashmir Co-Ordinating Committee, was once again highlighting the human rights attrocities happening in Kashmir.


I was invited by the President of the All Parties International Kashmir Co-ordinating Committee, Shazad Iqbal.

Shazad Iqbal, President of the All Parties International Kashmir Co-Ordinatng committee, is stood to my left

It was an honour to be asked to make a quick speech, where I told those who attended that this cause was a fight for self-determination - it is time to let the people of Kashmir decide.

For as long as I continue to be an MEP, I will fight for the cause of Kashmir. 















Shazad Iqbal can be emailed on ShazadIqbal@live.co.uk