Monday 12 August 2013

Press Release: MEP Nikki says the EU isn’t funny at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Www.NotFunny.eu

 


West Midlands MEP Nikki Sinclaire will perform a one off show at this year’s Edinburgh festival.

 

The We Demand a Referendum Now MEP will perform her show, “The EU –it’s not funny” at the Fringe festival on Wednesday 21st August 2013.

 

The free show is billed as being a, “light hearted, satirical and poignant look at the European Union; its characters, its laws and its everyday effect on the lives of ordinary people”.

 

Nikki said, “I’m never quite sure whether to laugh or cry at the European Union, so I thought I’d share my thoughts with a new audience who may be more objective than my usual gathering.

 

Never mind about ‘bent bananas’, there are far more unfunny things about the EU – Nigel Farage for example”.

 

By performing on Wednesday 21st August, Nikki will be fulfilling a lifelong ambition to perform at the iconic festival.

 

Nikki added, “I am trying to highlight some of the more light hearted moments I’ve experienced in the Parliament, as well as trying to explain what it feels like to be a Member of an institution you are desperately trying to escape from!”