Thursday 10 October 2013

A statement following the Council rejection of the Riding School for the Disabled petition.



Nikki Sinclaire is dismayed by the actions of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council today as they reject Nuneaton and North Warwickshire Equestrian Centres petition.

The 4500 name petition was submitted last month.

The We Demand a Referendum Now MEP said,

“I simply want to bang my head against the wall.

What is rejecting this petition actually going to achieve? I have met with Alan Franks myself and I urged him to talk to the elected members and for the Council as a body to sit down and talk to those who are running the centre on a daily basis.

I joined with the charity on Monday to deliver 5000 signatures to Downing Street and our message is simple: we want to save the stables.

Public feeling on this issue in Nuneaton is very strong. Elected people should listen to their employers; the electorate.

How much tax payer’s money is the Council willing to throw at this issue? The volunteers at the centre feel let down and like they have nowhere to turn simply because the relevant people will not engage with them”.