Wednesday 23 July 2014

Press Statement re charges of Misconduct of Public Office and Money Laundering, by the West Midlands Police on former MEP Nikki Sinclaire.


Press Statement re charges of Misconduct of Public Office and Money Laundering, by the West Midlands Police on former MEP Nikki Sinclaire.

‘I am disappointed that the police have chosen to charge me with the above offences without questioning me on them, after a two and a half year investigation.

‘The charges relate to my time as a UKIP MEP when I was under the guidance and oversight by the Party in the Parliament.  This will prove pivotal in resolving the matter.

‘During my time as an MEP I put in more than £120,000 of my salary into the cost of my work activities.

‘It was also me, who in 2010, drew the attention of the West Midlands Police, to irregularities I discovered had taken place, without my knowledge, in my UKIP office.

‘I strongly refute these charges and will be firmly defending myself. I am certain I shall be found innocent of these ludicrous and unfounded accusations.’