Friday 14 January 2011

Campaign bus rolls on in Halesowen


My Campaign bus has been back on the road this week after the Christmas break. A few days ago it was in Leamington Spa. Today it was in the Black Country Town of Halesowen. This was my first outing with the bus this year. The visit ad been covered in advanced by the local press and a steady number of people, sometimes queueing came to sign the petition and to speak to me about the EU. Safe to say, the people of Halesowen want a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU and more to the point they would vote to get Britain out! I really enjoy these days and I wish my schedule would allow me to get out with the bus more often There is no substitute to speaking directly with the electorate. Many interesting constituency matters come to the fore including small businesses and enterprise (SME)  unable to obtain EU grants as a result of the Quango Advantage West Midland getting their marching orders and whist in their 'notice period' not bothering to assist these SME's. Unbelievably, EU funds (British taxpayers money) will be returned to the EU if it is unused. I will be following this up!