Thursday 30 August 2012

A night at the opening ceremony

 
I had the pleasure of attending one of the best sporting events I have ever been to last night.
 
The Paralympic opening ceremony can only be described in one word – amazing.

 
It is disappointing, that judging from comments on twitter that people could not get a full flavour of how awesome this event really was as it was interrupted by commercial breaks. Perhaps this is why the Olympics and Paralympics should have been sold as a package in terms of TV rights.
 
The pride I felt was mirrored by those watching around me. What a wonderful spectacle for the UK and the World. What a fantastic way to highlight the Paralympic games.

 
During the Olympics I was glued to my screen, and I know I’ll feel no different about the Paralympic games.

 

There are a number of West Midlands Paralympians involved with Team GB and I wish them the best of luck along with everyone else associated with Team GB.