Friday 3 May 2013

A visit to Hope Centre Food Bank, Coventry

 
Yesterday I went to visit another food bank, this time at Hope Centre, Hillfields, Coventry.
 
While there I spoke to leaders from the Coventry food bank network and from the Nuneaton food bank network.
 
Coventry is the busiest area for food bank useage and last year Coventry food banks fed 20,000 people.
 
Many of the clients referred in Coventry are struggling due to delays in benefits or redundancy, and the Hope Centre is there giving local people support and directing them to agencies that can help them change their situation for the better in a more permanent way.
 
Every time I meet volunteers at these centres, I feel thankful that we have people who care so much about other people.
 
I hope and plan to visit Nuneaton food banks very soon as well.