Monday 3 March 2014

Visiting Droitwich Library

]
Many of you will know I love libraries. Much of my childhood learning was done in my local library. A complete bookworm if you may.

Today I spent some time with Jackie Passey and her team who were explaining that Droitwich Library is about far more than just books!

Libary cuts have been all over the news, but this is an example of a library that is adapting to suit the users growing needs. I've learnt that much of the demand is in the area of technology, teaching people how to use emerging technology or to access services that have moved online such as the job centre.

What impressed me was how impassioned the staff were about the work the library does.

I had a really enjoyable morning and now Droitwich library has its own copy of my book, Never Give Up.